6.7.09

When Your Past Haunts.........

Today, Van and I went out to check the state of my car at the mechanics' when my phone rang. Checking the caller ID I found out it was Lucas, the guy I broke up with last year October.
We went out for two years until I found out that for him having sex with my assistant was way much better than spending any time with me.
It would have been terrific if I just broke up with him knowing that he only cheated on me once but nooo, he had to blow it by telling me how he's been doing that since last year February. How smooth was that? but we don't have a love and hate relationship and as for my assistant, I fired her and he dumped her two weeks after we broke up. Broke and dumped isn't that amazing. Karma is a bitch honey..... but don't get me wrong I'm a wonderful person, just don't mess with me.
"What is it this time L?' Van said from beside me.
"Nothing just the usual, i hope your okay.....call if you need anything......blah"
"If you ask me I think he's still kinda hooked on you"
"As if"
"Just saying hun"
"Well he broke up with me and we both decided it was the best thing"
"Whatever you say"
I got out of the car and walked up to Brandon the only guy i can ever trust with all my babies.
"L, you made it on time" he said rolling out from under a beat up minivan
"of course I did! I missed him"
" you're the only person I know who calls their ride a he"
"I'm female I can't call it a she. It doesn't sound right"
"well, I finished it last night and now your baby's ready to run, I'll mail you the bill"
"as always"
Getting into my car felt like bliss. Told van I'd see her at our girls night tonight at Verachi's and drove straight to work. I kept thinking bout Lucas on the drive back, he did say he wanted to meet up for lunch. And I can't because of the feelings that I still have for him and don't hate me I'm only human. A girl can give second chances, can't she?
I was buzzed out of my thoughts when my phone rang
" L"
"Hey, it's Jess. Guess who just walked into the office"
"Couldn't it wait till I got there?"
"It's Lucas, you better be ready"
As if that didn't alert me enough
"thanks Jess, I'll be there soon, tell him to wait"
He better have a good explanation..........or maybe its my turn to speak my mind. Just like I said before, I can give second chances right?

No comments:

Post a Comment